I am working on a Think About It Thursday post about spicing up your marriage after kids. I will be sponsoring a giveaway for this post and am curious to see what y’all would prefer:
-Giftcard to an adult themed store
-Giftcard towards a dinner or movie
Let me know what you all would like to see up for grabs in the comments. 🙂
Ok so I’ve mentioned just recently, my husband is a farmer and we are in the middle of harvest. So…it’s 9:30pm and the kids are asleep, leaving me awake all by my lonesome. Maybe first I should explain that when I get to watch T.V. I enjoy watching real crime shows, horror movies and paranormal reality shows. So maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but here I am on the computer hearing every noise in the house and thinking
“Oh my goodness, I don’t know what that was…why are the dogs barking? what if someone is breaking into the house? Is my house haunted? Oh man, I really have to pee BUT I refuse to put my feet on the floor because the second I do a hand is going to reach out from under my bed and get me!”
Can you imagine, a grown woman of 29 years, hiding in her room like a scared little kid?? Ridiculous I know. My two oldest sons (who are out of town at the moment) would absolutely love to hear me ramble on this way. I’m the one always telling them that there is no reason to be afraid and that they are going to be just fine if they close their eyes and go to sleep. Way to be a great role model eh mom?!?
Oh yay! My husband just came home so it looks as if all of the “house robbers”, Ghosts and hands under my bed can retreat!!! Goodnight all and thanks for reading!
Hello there! I’m working on a Think About It Thursday post and I’m trying to workout a giveaway to go with it but it’s adult oriented…would there be any interest in this? The post is NOT dirty in any way but does have adult content. Input wanted please. 🙂
Come find me and my pins on Pinterest.
You can follow me here
Beautiful pic my Hubby snapped during last years harvest.
I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that I live in a farming town in the middle of nowhere? Well if not, I live in a small farming town in the middle of nowhere. 😉
We are quickly approaching harvest time and I tell ya I am nowhere near ready. What harvest means for me is, I almost become a single mom for a whole week to a week and a half. My husband is up and out the door early and home late, late at night.
It also means I have to prepare my husband a crapload of breakfasts and lunches. Luckily my Sister-in-Law serves the crew dinner.
This year my two oldest will be in New Mexico for a Pow Wow with my Mother-in-Law so, luckily, my life won’t be so hectic.
Well off to make breakfast burritos…
Tonight while watching “America Has Talent” I seen a man, who was openly gay. He stated that his parents told him when he was younger that they recognized and didn’t approve of his sexual orientation. His eyes watered and he said that was and still is one of the most painful things for him.
Now let me emphasize that his mom was there for him at his try out. But it is a natural human need to be accepted by our parents. I have heard of parents disowning their children because of their sexuality.
As a parent, I can’t imagine denying my child of my love and acceptance. Being a military brat and moving from place to place, adapting was just part of who I was and still am. Accepting people for who they were/are just comes natural to me.
The way I see it, ignorance and hate are just a waste of your time and energy. And who is to say that one of my children or grandchildren might be gay. How could you one day unconditionally love this small person you’ve raised then the next turn them away?
I’m not saying they are bad parents I just don’t understand. I, personally, advocate for equal rights because…well I want my kids to live in a world where they can love who they love.
Now I feel like I am just rambling and although I may lose some readers I had to get this out. Thank you for reading.
I seen this on a friends Facebook page and thought why not fill it out and share with you fine folks?
1. I have a hard time writing facts about myself.
2. I am unbelievably in love with my best friend….. SO TRUE!
3. We have been married for 3 years! Will be 4 years in November!!!! 🙂
4. We had a courthouse wedding and it was perfect.
5. I wish we could move all over.
6. I wish I could work.
7. Someday I want to go back to school and get a teaching degree.
8. I would love t swim with whales even though my hubby is terrified of them.
9. I should be cleaning right now.
10. I love hearing my babies laugh
11. I wish sometimes I could believe in religion.
12. I LOVE living in the middle of nowhere and would never ever trade it for anything.
13. The only thing I miss about the city is a good grocery store and a choice of things to do.
14. I love being outdoors
15. I wish I could fly in a plane (totally terrified):)
16. I LOVE to crochet
17. I want to visit Germany where I was born
18. I’ve never been to Disney
19. I want to own my own business someday
20. I have extremely wonderful in-laws that I love dearly! 🙂
21. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t gotten my tubes tied then the kids start fighting
22. I want to do roller derby
23. I love to cook and bake
24. I want to partake in the Spartan Race
25. I get depressed often because I feel like a bad mom