In honor of World Breastfeeding Week, we are going to have our very first contest. Post pictures of your beautiful breastfed babies here, on my Facebook wall or you can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. On August 7th, I’ll choose my favorite and the winner will get an awesome Boob beanie from the ever-so talented Unravel Me
Today marks the beginning of World Breastfeeding Week. The focus of this years campaign is peer counseling and supporting Breastfeeding women.
A lot of times instead of being met with support and acceptance, BFing moms are discouraged about their choice.
The objectives for this year’s campaign are as follows:
1. To draw attention to the importance of Peer Support in helping mothers to establish and sustain breastfeeding.
2. To inform people of the highly effective benefits of Peer Counselling, and unite efforts to expand peer counselling programmes.
3. To encourage breastfeeding supporters, regardless of thei r educat ional background, to step forward and be trained to support mothers and babies.
4. To identify local community support contacts for breastfeeding mothers, that women can go to for help and support after giving birth.
5. To call on governments and maternity facilities globally to actively implement the Ten Steps, in particular Step 10, to improve duration and rates of exclusive breastfeeding.
This week I will have various Breastfeeding related posts as well as a few giveaways. We’ll cover why breastfeeding is so invaluable, Common Breastfeeding Complications, Proper Latching and Holds, The whole nursing in public debacle, We’ll have an interview with a Lactation Consultant and we’ll even have a Beautiful Breastfed Baby photo contest.
I am super excited about our sponsored giveaway from Unravel Me. She will give one lucky Momma a Booby Beanie!!! I will also have other items up for grabs as well.
This week will be slightly different as I won’t be doing all of my regular daily themes. So stay tuned, perhaps learn something new and participate in all the fun!
July is the month of gifts over at Plum District, all kinds of great things are up for grabs including a subscription to Highlights Magazine!
You do have to like them on Facebook, you can like them and enter here.
My two oldest boys are constantly changing their minds about what they would like to be when they grow up. So far we have wanted to be doctors, engineers, mechanics and farmers (just like Daddy).
Right now The Children’s Place is offering you the chance to win $10,000 in their Cash For Class contest! Just write a 100-word essay about what your child wants to be when he/she grows up. You can also accompany the essay with a picture your child has drawn of their future selves.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before but my youngest son was conceived while on the Depoprovera shot. We unexpectedly went from fitting comfortably into our four bedroom home to being just a little crammed.
To say the least we are trying to decide if we should add on to our current home or move into a bigger one.
Either way this would be SO helpful, right now CMT and ACE Hardware are giving you the chance to win a $4,000.00 giftcard!
You can enter here.
If you won, what home improvement project would you do?